PGH Bricks & Pavers™ has a long history and deep expertise in brickmaking excellence. The name first came into existence in 1958 when the building companies established by Maxwell Porter and David Galbraith (incorporated in 1899 and 1949 respectively) merged with Hanson Consolidated industries.
PGH Bricks & Pavers™ was then part acquired by CSR in 1989, marking CSR’s first foray into the brick industry. In May 2015, CSR and Boral formed a joint venture, Boral CSR Bricks Pty Ltd, which combined their brick operations along the east coast of Australia. This partnership brought together the best of Boral and CSR’s brick offering under the one brand of PGH Bricks & Pavers™.
In November 2016, CSR acquired Boral’s interest in the joint venture. PGH Bricks & Pavers™ is now wholly owned by CSR. CSR is one of Australia’s oldest companies and today has revenues over $2.0 billion and is part of the ASX100 with over 3,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
See www.csr.com.au for more information